Welcome to Whangateau Holiday Park – kiwi camping as it should be, right on the water’s edge in North Auckland’s most beautiful recreational region.
• No new bookings will be taken while we remain at Alert Level 3, and any future booking over this period will be cancelled. Please contact us directly to arrange a refund or credit.
Holiday Parks remain open for:
• guests that had already begun their stay when Auckland’s Alert Level was raised.
• guests that live elsewhere in New Zealand that cannot return or travel to their home location. This can continue until they can depart whilst we are in Alert Level 3;
• those that have no Auckland or New Zealand primary residence that were already in Auckland when the Alert Level was raised. This includes travellers and those with no fixed abode;
• Approved essential workers/services that require accommodation, in line with Government guidelines
For these bookings please contact the Holiday Park on 09 427 3305.
Whangateau Holiday Park is a tranquil waterfront Holiday Park ideal for family holidays in a tent or caravan, or as a restful stopover on your campervan or motor home adventure on the Twin Coast Discovery Highway.
The park is situated on Whangateau Harbour, east of Warkworth and near Leigh in the Matakana Coast area. It has more than 80 waterfront and standard powered sites, and a number of cabins, family rooms and onsite caravans – all great value for money. Immaculately clean facilities and boat launching at high tide let you enjoy the surroundings, while the Whangateau Holiday Park Team help ensure that your holiday experience is everything you would expect and more.
Stay at Whangateau and enjoy safe swimming and everything that the Matakana and Kowhai Coast area has to offer: the white sand of Omaha Beach, snorkelling and diving in the pristine waters of the Goat Island marine reserve, historic Kawau Island in the Hauraki Gulf, bountiful fishing, sailing and the attractions of Point Wells, Leigh, Pakiri and Matheson Bay, including wine tasting, golf and all kinds of water sports.